Educate; Create; Witness: Christ at the Centre
The Catholic life of our school is central to all we do at St. Cuthbert’s and we live out our mission statement every day, striving to
EDUCATE each other
WITNESS the Gospel values in all we say and do
All underpinned by putting CHRIST AT THE CENTRE of all we do
We strongly believe that children leaving our school must be well equipped for the future.
We aim to honour and maintain the vision and ideals of the founders of our school, who, inspired by their love of Christ, established in the community a centre of learning based upon the teachings of Christ.
We aim to educate each other, create community and witness to Christian values.
EVERY CHILD MATTERS
EVERY ADULT MATTERS
Our School Aims
Our school aims are as follows. They are not placed in order of importance:
- St. Cuthbert’s is a Catholic school and we will provide all that is necessary for our children to develop their love for each other and the world in true Catholic tradition.
- We aim to provide a welcoming environment and opportunities for children to become independent and active participants in their own learning.
- We will have high expectations of our children and ensure that they reach their full academic and social potential.
- We aim to provide a rich and balance curriculum that is well planned and effective in meeting the needs of all our children.
- We will encourage children to become self disciplined and responsible and to nurture their awareness, respect and understanding of other people and the shared environment.
- We recognise the importance of literacy and numeracy as the key components supporting the full curriculum and we will work towards high standards in all subjects.
- We will monitor and evaluate the progress of each child, setting challenging targets based on individual needs and involving pupils and parents in the process.
- We aim to make children aware that they live in a multi cultural community, from which they benefit and to which they contribute.
- We aim to provide opportunities for all children to excel irrespective of race, class, gender, religion, culture or physical ability.
- We will constantly monitor and evaluate the quality of our teaching to ensure that we provide an excellent education for our children.
- We aim to create a successful working partnership where all those involved in the school community work together in a spirit of cooperation.
- We will aim to provide children with experience beyond the school environment which will enhance their learning.